[Gambas-user] Two problems, might be local

Bruce Bruen bbruen at ...2308...
Tue May 1 02:03:03 CEST 2012

Final comments for now.

1) Is the previous method I posted that causes the IDE crash
reproduceable?

2) in the IDE Project.module, in the LoadFile function, towards the
bottom of the function is the following code:

    Files[sPath] = hForm
    If hForm Then
      bError = hForm.LoadFile()         <======HERE!
      If bError Then
        Files[sPath] = Null
        Try hForm.Delete
        Dec Application.Busy
        Return
      Endif
      hForm.Icon = GetFileIcon(sPath, 16)
    Endif

    If hForm Then FSearch.OnNewForm(hForm)

    Dec Application.Busy

  Endif

  Return hForm

'Catch

  Dec Application.Busy
  Files[sPath] = Null
  FMain.ShowError(("Cannot open file.") & "\n\n" & Error.Text & "\n" &
Error.Where, sPath)

End

The issue I'm seeing occurs at the "bError = hForm.LoadFile()" line
(line 1835 in my rev).
When this executes and the "Bad Event handler" error occurs, the
LoadFile function exits immediately, thus leaving Application.Busy
undecremented.

Should that Catch be commented??

To check this out you'd need a project with a form with a DateChooser
already in it.  But because of this issue, I cannot create one!  If you
need more info I'll see if I can fudge one up out of an existing project
by deleting extraneous stuff...

Bruce