[Gambas-user] Two problems, might be local

GMail adamnt42 at ...626...
Tue May 1 01:27:04 CEST 2012

On Mon, 2012-04-30 at 13:34 +0200, Benoît Minisini wrote:
> Le 30/04/2012 13:18, Bruce Bruen a écrit :
> > Since today I have had the following happen - see the screenshot.
> >
> > 1) The first time I try to "Make Executable" in the IDE I get that blue
> > balloon.
> >

> Fixed in revision #4698.
>
> > 2) Also, as soon as a change is made to a code line that pops up the
> > "mini" help, then strange things occur. For example, if I type "App"
> > then the help popup appears as it should but then the busy cursor
> > appears and never goes away, (as if Dec Application.Busy never happens
> > in the IDE?) But! I can keep doing things, in fact anything (so far) but
> > actually run the app from the IDE. You can see the busy cursor in the
> > screenshot.
> >
> > I am asking because I am fairly sure that we have a local qt4 problem
> > that I haven't been able to convince the qt folks of:
> >
> > It is seen as -
> > "symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libQtSql.so.4: undefined symbol:
> > _ZN14QObjectPrivateD2Ev"
> > on a gambas program exit, whether or not we are using the qt4 GUI or
> > gtk.
> >
> > But has anyone else seen these?
>
> No. Moreover, Gambas does not use libQtSql at all.
>
> Regards,

Thanks Benoît,

Problem 1 solved.

Problem 2 (the Busy problem) remains, so far I have tracked it down as
follows:
a) it occurs with some projects and not others, so I have eliminated qt4
as the culprit.
b) it occurs when the FCompletion popup is being loaded. I am using rev
4698. In the FillWithIdent(sWord As String) sub at line 460:

  cSymbol = CComponent.GetClassSymbols(GetClass())

Before this is executed Application.Busy is 1, after it is 2. So
somewhere it is not being decremented.  I am continuing to track this
down, by stepping through the IDE.  So far I am at line 1217 of
CComponent.class :

      Try hPForm = Project.LoadFile(sPath)

Again, at this point before execution Application.Busy=1 and after it is
2.
Somewhere below this it is getting tricky, a "Bad Event handler, too
many arguments" error gets raised that is making this hard to track.
I will persevere!

rgrds
Bruce