[Gambas-user] adding functions to gb.db.postgresql

Ian Haywood ihaywood at ...1979...
Thu Mar 29 04:58:15 CEST 2012

This is not so much a feature request as a question on how to get started.

There are two functions of the underlying postgres C interface that I
would like to expose to Gambas:
PQnotifies() [which returns postgres notification events], and
PQsocket () which returns
the FD of the socket the library is using to communicate with the
server, (my plan is to monitor it
using the 'Open "." & fd For Read Watch' trick introduced in #4134)

I'm happy to do the C programming and submit a patch, what I'm unclear
on is how to extend
the Gambas bindings, it's clear from looking at the code that the
database components are all "drivers" for a fixed common API,
problem is this feature (notifications) is very specific to
postgresql, I don't know if it's possible to add
a couple of "extra" methods to gb.db.postgresql

thanks

Ia  Haywood