[Gambas-user] Delete sentance between words in a file.

tobi tobiasboege01 at ...1601...
Tue Mar 27 17:06:39 CEST 2012

hi,

On Mon, 26 Mar 2012, sundar j wrote:
> How do i delete a sentence/line between two matching words? For example i have a long paragraph starting with ABC-Start and ending with XYZ-End. I need to delete all the words including ABC-Start & XYZ-End. I have gone through the gambas documentation and found replace string function. However it did not do the job as i expected. Any help is appreciated.

i'd tend to use the Mid$() function. if you got the positions of the two delimiters it is as easy as
concatenating the string on the left of the beginning delimiter and the string on the right of the
right delimiter. code is beyond words:

Dim iStart, iEnd As Integer
Dim sRest As String

iStart = InStr(sWholeText, sBegDelim)
iEnd = InStr(sWholeText, sEndDelim, iStart) + Len(sEndDelim)

sRest = Mid$(sWholeText, 0, iStart - 1) & Mid$(sWholeText, iEnd)

which then is the parts before and after the found strings.

there may be off-by-one errors, i couldn't try it, but you get the idea.

regards,
tobi