[Gambas-user] [gb.desktop] Desktop Notifications

Sebastian Kulesz sebikul at ...626...
Sun Mar 25 04:00:20 CEST 2012

Hi! I would like to share with you a class I created for a project
that enables any gambas application to trigger desktop notifications.
It is not the best solution, but with gambas3 lacking any wrappers to
libnotify, it's the best I could find.

>From my point of view, this feature, if included, should be added to
the gb.desktop component. I'm not sure if it should be distributed
without any modifications, or as a separate class (i.e, rewrite it and
add a function to the Desktop class), i'll leave that to you.

I hope you can find this as an useful feature. Thanks!