[Gambas-user] (no subject)

John Rose john.aaron.rose at ...626...
Thu Mar 22 13:32:19 CET 2012

In regard to Basic on Android, I have been checking out Basic4android.
This works OK under Virtual Box & Windows XP. However, on Ubuntu Lucid
under Wine 1.4rc6 it works (after running fixes for AndroidSDK use of
Android AVD Manager and installation of .Net2.0) with one major problem.
After creating code for a project in its IDE, saving the project & then
opening the project, the code can no longer be seen in the IDE. I have
posted a bug against Basic4android in Wine. But it is not predictable
when the Wine devs will fix it. Its IDE and Basic language look inferior
to Gambas.

It might be worth downloading & installing the trial version for any
dev(s) who would want to develop Gambas for Android. If any dev(s)
wanted to do this, I would be very happy to assist with testing &
documentation etc.