[Gambas-user] WebPage support in Gambas

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Mon Mar 19 00:04:24 CET 2012

Le 18/03/2012 18:09, John Spikowski a écrit :
> On Sun, 2012-03-18 at 12:52 -0400, Rob Kudla wrote:
>
>> To integrate it fully into the Gambas IDE might be more work than anyone
>> is willing to do, though.
>
> What is the overhead of using Gambas as a CGI scripting engine?
>
> Keep in mind that each request is a new Gambas session and all that goes
> with it to get to the point a script can be interpreted. PHP is a 8 MB
> interpreter (file size) and waking up that monster is not pain
> (resource) free.

I earn my life with a Gambas CGI script I made for my job. This CGI
script is actually a full web application used (among many other things)
for managing all road signs of Paris.

Running Gambas as a CGI script is fast. Only the interpreter, the
gb.web, gb.db and gb.db.sqlite3 components are loaded.

I used a tiny web server to speed up things again, and response time has
never been a problem at the moment.

Just try! :-)

--
Benoît Minisini