[Gambas-user] Bug / changed behaviour of Input

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Fri Mar 16 23:17:53 CET 2012

Le 15/03/2012 14:05, Jussi Lahtinen a écrit :
> I think PRINT should use CStr... but I wonder how many applications this
> would broke.
> Though, I think that is easy to fix if it happens...
>
> Jussi

PRINT will keep using Str$() - I don't want to break every Gambas
application.

But now INPUT reads strings as is since revision #4557. Val() is not
used anymore internally, and the conversion is done by the variable
receiving the string returned by INPUT. It means that now the read data
is not localization-aware - In other words it must use the american format.

Is INPUT more useful now? I don't know, I still never use this instruction!

--
Benoît Minisini