[Gambas-user] Keyboard input help requested

Cogier charlie at ...2793...
Thu Mar 15 14:21:24 CET 2012

Rolf,

Thanks for the reply. Yes it does work in Linux and I can get it to work in
a TextBox but as you say it needs to be in focus and I think the program
will look silly if at the time of a scan the particular TextBox is not in
focus. I know there is a way to capture a single key press but I want to
capture the whole string. The input string is terminated by a "Return" code
so I can handle the end of the string with code.

So I am looking for a way to capture the input string directly from the
"Keyboard" with code rather than a TextBox.

Thanks,

Charlie