[Gambas-user] Read and arrays

Mon Mar 12 17:09:14 CET 2012

I was thinking quicker way to read large binary files to memory.
And I noticed this; "The returned datatype can be one of the following:
NULL, Boolean, Byte, Short, Integer, Long, Pointer, Single, Float, Date,
String, Variant, any Array, Collection or structure".
http://gambasdoc.org/help/lang/read?v3

So, I wonder whether it is quicker to read data as array, instead of
looping one (short) integer at time.

But how to do that? Did I misunderstand something?

tmpArr = Read hFile As Short[2000]

Doesn't compile (unexpected '[')... or does this work only for data written
as array, and read as Short[] without given bounds?

Jussi