[Gambas-user] Issue 220 in gambas: Visible false on window creation not working

gambas at ...2524... gambas at ...2524...
Fri Mar 9 05:49:36 CET 2012

Owner: ----
Labels: Version Type-Bug Priority-Medium OpSys-Any Dist-Any Arch-Any
Desktop-Any GUI-Any

New issue 220 by k_dilla... at ...67...: Visible false on window creation
not working
http://code.google.com/p/gambas/issues/detail?id=220

1) Describe the problem.
When I create a program using gb.qt if I set the Form visibility to be
false it ignores it when the form is created, not if I try to set it
aftewars like when pressing a button.

Using gb.gtk the form doesn't appear and the program closes, not like
gambas2 behaviour that kept the program running even if the form wasn't
visible.

2) GIVE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATIONS (if they are appropriate):

[System]
OperatingSystem=Linux
Kernel=3.0.0-1-686-pae
Architecture=i686
Memory=2065148 kB
DistributionVendor=LinuxMint
DistributionRelease="Linux Mint Debian Edition"
Desktop=KDE4

[Gambas 2]
Version=2.23.1
Path=/usr/bin/gbx2

[Gambas 3]
Version=3.0.90
Path=/usr/local/bin/gbx3

[Libraries]
Qt4=libQtCore.so.4.7.3
GTK+=libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0.2400.4

Also tested on Fedora 14, I dont have the specs right now.

3) Provide a little project that reproduces the bug or the crash.

4) If your project needs a database, try to provide it, or part of it.

5) Explain clearly how to reproduce the bug or the crash.

Create a new graphical application project, and set start up class form
visibility to false

6) By doing that carefully, you have done 50% of the bug fix job!

IMPORTANT NOTE: if you encounter several different problems or bugs, (for
example, a bug in your project, and an interpreter crash while debugging
it), please create distinct issues!