[Gambas-user] Probem analysing Desktop path

Willy Raets willy at ...2734...
Tue Mar 6 23:01:48 CET 2012

Here is the Gambas2 executable I use for testing different distros on
information. It produces the SystemInfo.txt file that provides me with
info on how stuff works on different systems.

I uses a library in development that I use in another application for
error reporting.

The library is entirely build in Gambas2 and uses nothing more that
command line extractions and a lot of Instr(), Mid$() and Left$().

It returns a load on information Gambas does not provide in default.
As soon as the library is completed I will share it with the community
(both Gambas2 and Gambas3). Source will be open, license will be open.

Have a taste of the little test app to see what it provides on details
of your system. I would appreciate receiving back the SystemInfo.txt
file so I can further improve the library (mail address is in the file).
It is a Gambas2 executable. You probably need to right click first and
go to properties to tell the system it is an executable and I guess you
need Gambas2 installed :-)

Hope it can be useful to a lot of you out there.

Enjoy..

Willy

P.S. Jussi, it contains a test run on desktop return with your suggested
command. So the feedback on distros might just be a matter of a few of
you sending back info..