[Gambas-user] Gambas has Gosub now!

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Tue Mar 6 03:00:34 CET 2012

Le 06/03/2012 02:11, Emil Lenngren a écrit :
> Yeah, if there is no stack relocation, I can assume that a lot of pointers
> into the stack will not change during other external calls, which should
> make code more optimized.
>
> Since local variables and stack frames in gambas take up more space than
> they do in C, I think the stack should be bit bigger than the default in C
> (compiled with gcc).
>
> /Emil

Stack allocation through mmap() has been implemented in revision #4536.
Tested on my 64 bits system only.

Now recursion speed is equivalent between GoSub and normal functions as
soon as there are control variables. If there is no control variables to
save, GoSub is about 2.5 times faster than normal functions.

Benoît Minisini