[Gambas-user] IDE feature request: viewing collection-like objects

Ian Haywood ihaywood at ...1979...
Mon Mar 5 04:25:17 CET 2012

Benoit,

some time also we had a discussion about Collection semantics. In Gambas
setting the member of a Collection to NULL is the same as deleting it. I
am not trying to re-open this debate, I accept the decision and have
written a class with the semantics Richard and I want: it can have NULL
members, see cRow attached.
(It also has some database stuff which is very specific to our
application. please ignore that)
It uses _get and _put so it works like a Collection

Problem is, in the IDE it's an object and it is not possible to see the
members like a Collection.

So to my question: is it possible to extend the IDE so that when
displaying an object that overrides _get, _put and _next it displays it
like a Collection does?

Ian