[Gambas-user] Gambas has Gosub now!

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sun Mar 4 18:44:57 CET 2012

Le 04/03/2012 17:35, Jussi Lahtinen a écrit :
> Maybe there should be "GoBack" instead of "Return".
> We already have "GoTo" and "GoSub", so I think it would be logical...
>
> Jussi

Yes, but RETURN is the historical syntax in Basic.

And I don't think it's a problem if you cannot return from the function
directly if you are inside a GOSUB. GOSUB should be used for very
specific needs - recursion is now impossible!.

If I have to make recursion possible, we will lose the speed gain. So
better use a real function!

Benoît Minisini