[Gambas-user] mysql float behaviour

Bruce bbruen at ...2308...
Wed Jun 27 14:32:29 CEST 2012

On Wed, 2012-06-27 at 04:25 -0700, Bill-Lancaster wrote:
> Thank you Benoît - it worked fine.
> Where can I find more info re this '&1' ?

Hi Bill,

It's in the help at gb.db.Connection.Subst

You're right.
        Connection.Find ( Table As String [ , Request As String,
        Arguments As , ... ] ) As Result
doesn't really explain it well.

regards
Bruce

(p.s. I'm going to be a bit "rdms-ist" here.  If you are looking for a
proper rdbms without weird problems, do yourself a favour, bypass MySQL
and use postgresql.  Why? Because for example, if you are ever in the
case when your natural primary key may include things like names such
as
	"van der Plum-O'Brien-MacDonald III, Sioban"

then mysql will drive you nuts. :-) Seriously, the effort to learn
postgresql is worth it. Here is a "oldish" site that highlights my
feelings http://ask.metafilter.com/92162/MySQL-vs-PostgreSQL and in
particular one that is referenced there, if you have a couple of million
brain cells to spare,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_relational_database_management_systems  )