[Gambas-user] Question on networking between one Gambas application that acts as both client and server

Willy Raets willy at ...2734...
Wed Jun 27 01:53:51 CEST 2012

Hi all,

I'm thinking about an application (game) that can act as both client and
server and thus one persons application can connect over TCP/IP with
another persons application.

The initiating application will go in some server modus, the other in
some client modus.

If person on Server side does stuff in the games this needs to be fed to
the application on Client side somehow and game there is updated
accordingly. On the other hand if the person on the client side does
something this needs to be fed to the server and both games need to be
updated.

So on the client side all needs to be accepted from the server side as
that is where the actual game is run.

Idea is one application that can act both as server and as client.
So people having the same game can play a network game.
I was thinking of starting off turn based game to make it a little
easier to start with.

I have no idea where to start although I looked around on Google a lot.

Any suggestions that might get me going...?

Thanks,

Willy