[Gambas-user] Fw: Package creation failed to include gambas dependencies.

RICHARD WALKER richard.j.walker at ...247...
Fri Jun 22 20:15:06 CEST 2012

Third attempt at posting this, apologies if the first two really did get out>

I have been investigating a similar problem with a package I build for
limited distribution (so far only my brother uses this little
program).

I too have found that the Gambas-created package (rpm in my case) does
not include all Gambas dependencies. The spec file lists only:

gambas3-runtime
gambas3-gb-image
gambas3-gb-gui
gambas3-gb-form
gambas3-gb-dbus
gambas3-gb-desktop
gambas3-gb-settings

The program uses three icons from gb.form.stock, which on Mageia
systems is in its own rpm. My brother's system, I believe - trying to
check now, does not have this rpm installed and it isn't (obviously)
pulled in when he installs my package.

Interestingly, the project component selection page omits
gb.form.stock, although it does include gb.form, gb.form.dialog and
gb.form.mdi. I assumed that .form.stock was somehow included with
.form - but I was wrong.

The error message he gets when trying to run my program is similar to Sundar's:

"This application has raised an unexpected error and must abort"
"[27] Cannot load component "gb.form.stock:cannot find component
Stock._get.352.2"

This looks like a packaging bug to me.

Richard