[Gambas-user] Fw: Package creation failed to include gambas dependencies.

sundar j sundar_ima at ...251...
Fri Jun 22 15:51:41 CEST 2012

Any help please. I still not able to figure out where i miss out.

From: "sundar j" <sundar_ima at ...251...>
Sent: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 20:11:42
To: <gambas-user at lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: [Gambas-user] Package creation  failed to include gambas dependencies.
Some how i managed to complete my first project in gambas. Now I am trying to build a .deb package for Ubuntu but struck there.  As indicated by Google this question has been asked many time in various forum and threads and (they) found solution. However the solution did not work for me.

The question is, how do you make installation package from gambas which can run on other system which does not have gambas installed? I tried to make the .deb package from kubuntu 12.04 with gambas 3.1 installed. The result says success after creating package but when i tried to install it on ubuntu 12.04 it failed with following dependency errors:-

sundar at ...2870...:~$ sudo dpkg -i multibootusb_4.7-1_all.deb

[sudo] password for sundar:

Selecting previously unselected package multibootusb.

(Reading database ... 218672 files and directories currently installed.)

Unpacking multibootusb (from multibootusb_4.7-1_all.deb) ...

dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of multibootusb:

 multibootusb depends on gambas3-runtime (>= 3.0.90); however:

  Package gambas3-runtime is not installed.

 multibootusb depends on gambas3-runtime (= 3.0.90); however:

  Package gambas3-gb-image is not installed.

 multibootusb depends on gambas3-gb-image (= 3.0.90); however:

  Package gambas3-gb-gui is not installed.

 multibootusb depends on gambas3-gb-gui (= 3.0.90); however:

  Package gambas3-gb-form is not installed.

 multibootusb depends on gambas3-gb-form (= 0.9.23); however:

  Package pmount is not installed.

 multibootusb depends on fuseiso (>= 20070702); however:

  Package fuseiso is not installed.

dpkg: error processing multibootusb (--install):

Processing triggers for desktop-file-utils ...

Processing triggers for bamfdaemon ...

Rebuilding /usr/share/applications/bamf.index...

Processing triggers for gnome-menus ...

 multibootusb

So does gambas include (gambas) dependency packages like gambas3-runtime when we select installation package from IDE? If not what is the solution to it? Why cant there be an official guide/tutorial on creating packages from IDE?

Live Security Virtual Conference

Gambas-user at lists.sourceforge.net