[Gambas-user] Access global variable from other .class

Mon Jun 18 19:01:33 CEST 2012

> As far as know, at least CentOS doesn't have a graphical authorisation
> utility for sudo.

Seems so, weird.

 As far as I know, on some mandriva related distros with gnome desktops
> installed, it still bumps the user privileges even if -c is used.

Also strange...

 Hmm. I have seen gksu (not gksudo) run in a terminal to do something and
> then followed by a privileged command that was not denied.  Again, this
> was on a mandriva derived distro.
> e.g.
> $ gksu whoami
> /root
> $ ifconfig ...

Yes, that is possible with gksu or su. But behaviour of these commands is
configurable. So, I don't see this as problem.
Usually good advice is to use sudo, with it, elevated privileges are used
only if next command also start with sudo.

Jussi