[Gambas-user] Issue 258 in gambas: Expander and slider combo issues

gambas at ...2524... gambas at ...2524...
Mon Jun 18 16:00:28 CEST 2012

Owner: ----
Labels: Version Type-Bug Priority-Medium OpSys-Any Dist-Any Arch-Any
Desktop-Any GUI-Any

New issue 258 by r... at ...1740...: Expander and slider combo issues
http://code.google.com/p/gambas/issues/detail?id=258

1) Describe the problem.

I know that not long ago the width of the expander and the looks of it's
handles is changed.
I believe with an optional property to set it to old behavior.

I noticed while working with Gambas's IDE on a large project, that the
slider function is completely lost (for the project treeview), if you hover
the mouse over it to drag it, the expander handles always appear, and the
mouse pointer changes to <>, ie, you cannot slide the slider in any way.
Only moving your mouse over to the treeview window (not above the slider)
and using the scrollwheel works on my system.

2) GIVE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATIONS (if they are appropriate):

[System]
OperatingSystem=Linux
Kernel=2.6.38-14-generic
Architecture=x86_64
Memory=3787800 kB
DistributionVendor=Ubuntu
DistributionRelease="Ubuntu 11.04"
Desktop=Gnome

[Gambas 2]
Version=2.24.0
Path=/usr/local/bin/gbx2

[Gambas 3]
Version=3.2.0
Path=/usr/local/bin/gbx3

[Libraries]
Qt4=libQtCore.so.4.7.2
GTK+=libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0.2400.4

Gambas 3 version is trunk at rev 4846

Can the original behavior be restored, the current one looks great, but
doesn't work, or add more spacing between expander and slider in IDE GUI?