[Gambas-user] How do I override an Array class?

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sun Jun 17 16:02:47 CEST 2012

Le 17/06/2012 15:49, tobi a écrit :

>> Didn't know what?
>>

> That '[', ']' are not allowed in project file names. So the only reason for which I was able to
> override Variant[] was because I didn't use the IDE?

At the moment, I think that it works. But I may change in the future.

This is the reason why the compiler allows it. It does not care.

But the interpreter have a special treatment with classes whose name
ends with '[' and ']'.

I try to avoid breaking projects as Gambas evolves as much as possible.
So, as a security, I prefer to allow the less possible characters in
class names.

Benoît Minisini