[Gambas-user] Error with XmlWriter tag in gb.xml

Adrien Prokopowicz adrien.prokopowicz at ...626...
Sat Jun 16 00:21:05 CEST 2012

I have read the discussion on gambas-it, I reply directly here, so that it
will avoid you a trip.

(And sorry for the bad translation, I don't speak Italian, thanks Google...)

For the management of small documents ... but what does that mean? Or are
> they great, or treat them?

For the parser, small documents are files < 10 MB. Beyond this, the DOM
parser might eat a lot of memory, but the Reader will parse larger files
fwithout problem (1 GB if you want).

Just to put it simply, even after an open (file), or a OpenStream (), it
> seems that they read, and yet make no parsing of the xml content, returning
> 0 in all properties. This obviously makes it a little difficult to decode
> the data ... do not you think?

 When you call Open(), the file is just opened like an Gambas Open, but
nothing is loaded/parsed until you call Read(). That's why all is Null.

It 'true that, as a response to, these classes are still incomplete, and
> therefore still not stable, so better not use them.

If you found a problem, please report it, with the code and the file that
is loaded, otherwise it won't ever be stable.

I downloaded the latest version of the source of Gambas3 (4833), but the
> anomalies persist.
>
> The following is the code I'm using, and that is a purified extract of the
> original one used in pgDesigner3, for reading the configuration file, which
> worked before and now I go more.

There are some print to understand what they contain variables, but they
> are all empty.

I tried your code with the lastest revision, and with the provided file,
and here is the output :

[0],[],[0],[],[0]
0
Read = 1