[Gambas-user] A quicky on profiling

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Tue Jun 12 13:51:02 CEST 2012

Le 11/06/2012 16:21, Bruce a écrit :
> I note that the average durations have been commented out of the
> profiling UI.
>
> Is there  any reason for that?
>
> I only ask because I'm looking at a project here that makes over 40,000
> calls to a routine and obviously that represents a considerable shunk of
> the execution time.  "Averages" would suit much better.
>
> cheers
> Bruce

I found the average not significative.

The total time allows you to see the real impact of an optimization.

The number of calls allows you to see where you can concentrate your
optimization.

The relative time helps you when reading big numbers is difficult for you.

But I don't see a need for the average time. Do you?

--
Benoît Minisini