[Gambas-user] C like #include for Gambas

RICHARD WALKER richard.j.walker at ...247...
Mon Jun 11 21:27:31 CEST 2012

With apologies to all-who-know-more-about-this-than-me (or just "all")...

Joe, you have a problem with managing a growing Gambas codebase and
you think having an #include method in Gambas would help you cope. We
are agreed that if it were added then it would operate before the
compiler kicks in to make code for the interpreter. That makes me ask
the question; why reinvent the wheel?

You already have at your disposal a program which fully understands
what to do with #include (and all the other pre-processor directives
which have been mentioned). Have you tried it out yet?

You have another program which is ideally suited to managing the files
for large text file processing projects. Why not have a go at knocking
up a project definition file using all the #include and #define and
#ifdef directives you need. Run that through the C pre-processor,
maybe under the direction of a suitable makefile and see if you can
create a Gambas project which the ide can then load (for checking?)
and compile?

This should work just as well for the forms as for the code as it is
all just text files in the project. Could that work for you?

Richard