[Gambas-user] Draw.Begin/End execution time

Adrien Prokopowicz adrien.prokopowicz at ...626...
Sun Jun 10 00:02:30 CEST 2012

Le samedi 9 juin 2012 23:24:58 vous avez écrit :

> > > On my machine, Draw.Begin with gb.gtk takes about 120 micro-seconds the
> > > first time it is called, 50 us the next times. With gb.qt4, it takes
> > > about 300 us each time.
> > >
> > > So I don't understand how it could take 20 ms on your machine: it means
> > > that my PC is 66x faster than yours!
> >
> > I added a little optimization in revision #4819: is it better on your
> > machine?
>
> Yes, this is really better ! It passed from 20ms to 300us, even around 120us
> sometimes. Thanks !

I have another little question.
In the project I sent you, I added two lines after FillRect() :

  Draw.Text("Gambas", 50, 50)
  Draw.Text("Gambas", 100, 100)

The first takes around 2 msec, the second only 120usec.
Is there any font loading, or something like that, when calling draw.text ?