[Gambas-user] Gridview keypress question

Richard Terry rterry at ...1823...
Wed Jun 6 13:52:28 CEST 2012

Bruce wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-06-06 at 21:29 +1000, Richard Terry wrote:
>
>> public Sub  Gridview1_Keypress()
>>
>>  print key.code
>>
>> end
>>

> Quick guess.  lookup STOP EVENT.
>
> Not really sure ( I'm busy on the other thing).
> hth
> Bruce

Tried that, anyway, just experimented after my last post

Seems that everytime you hit an up/down/right/left arrow in the grid,
the gridview1_select event is triggered and I guess if you could see
what was happening, the next column would be moved to (my grid I've
constructed to effectively look like and behave like a columnview, so I
couldn't see that).

To effectively capture the key.code = key.right (or equivalent of this),
I just put a if gridview1.column > 0 then .....

Not elegant, but it does what I wanted.

Must be a better way.

Regards

richard