[Gambas-user] Suggestion: Packaging preferences in gambas3.config

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Fri Jun 1 17:43:31 CEST 2012

Le 31/05/2012 05:38, Bruce a écrit :
> Hi Benoît,
>
> Attached are three diffs that add a small benefit to those whose package
> up a lot of projects.  Basically it adds "default" settings for the
> items on the first page of the FMakeInstall wizard.  These are help in
> the gambas3.config file.
>
> The changes are:
> 1) add another tab to the Preferences form to allow the user to
> set/change the defaults for packaging info.
> 2) changes the name of the "Packages" tab to "Source Archives" (ditto
> the label on that tab.
> 3) adds logic to FOptions.class to manage the default values in and out
> of Settings
> 4) adds logic to the FMakeInstall form to look for these defaults in
> Settings[FMakeInstall/...]
>
> The benefits are only to those who do package a lot of projects.
>
> Hope you see your way to adopting these.  I wrote them after having to
> type in the same info 20 times and retype them after mispelling the
> email address every time. (And I hate managing conflicts in trunk.)
>
> regards
> Bruce

Cool, but I hugely prefer that you commit your changes directly with
subversion. Integrating a diff file from a past revision is a bit of
nightmare for me.

Do you have a sourceforge account so that I grant you a write access to
the source repository?

--
Benoît Minisini