[Gambas-user] Raspberry pi question

Christer Johansson lists at ...2828...
Sat Jul 28 19:24:39 CEST 2012

> Le 26/07/2012 10:53, fulippo_fulippo at ...152... a écrit :
> > Hi
> > Somebody know how to use gpio port with Gambas 2/3 on Raspberry pi
> >
> > in python is possible there is som libraries
> >
> > thank's
> >

> I don't know what python does.
>
> According to:
>
> 	http://www.haifux.org/lectures/258/gpio_spi_i2c_userspace.pdf
>
> You have some directories in /sys to make gpio accessible from user
> space, and then other directories to program them.
>
> I don't know if it fits your needs without more details. Can
> you give them?

He may be talking about this...

  http://pypi.python.org/pypi/RPi.GPIO

I think this code is used in the Python modules...

  http://elinux.org/RPi_Low-level_peripherals#GPIO_Driving_Example_.28C.29

Since I finally got mine RasPi and just gotten Gambas3 3.1.1 up running I'm
also very interested in this topic (and I'm sure lot's of other people are
to) but since I'm quite lost when it comes to C there is some reading to do.

A guy named Gordon have already made a C library named WiringPi but I have no
clue on how to use it from within Gambas3 or if it's even possible?

  https://projects.drogon.net/raspberry-pi/wiringpi/

Having an way to read/write RasPi's GPIO, I2C and SPI from Gambas3 would be
golden and I wished I known C/C++ and was talented enough to write a component :-/

BTW - Gambas3 3.1.1 seems to run fine on the RasPi using Xfce on Debian Squeeze,
haven't done much so far but at least it's up running and reading/writing the GPIO
is next so any input is appreciated.

/CJ