[Gambas-user] Gambas3 daily builds PPA

Tue Jul 24 09:17:55 CEST 2012

On 07/24/2012 01:19 AM, Sebastian Kulesz wrote:
> Hi! I would like to let everybody know that I have setup an Ubuntu PPA
> for daily builds of Gambas 3. If the svn trunk repo has any new
> revision within the last 24hs, a new version is built and pushed to
> the PPA.
>
> It can be found here [0] and used by executing:
>
> $ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:sebikul/gambas-daily
>
> This should help catch those nasty build errors. I'm currently fixing
> some dependency issues with quantal, but other versions are live
> (natty currently building). Once everything is set up I will update
> the version to 3.2.90 and apply for access to the armel and armhf
> builders.
>
> I used the work of Kendek on his "Gambas Pre-Release Versions" [1] but
> adapted it to be automatic. Thanks for that!
>
> I hope you find this useful !!
>
> Thanks!
>
> [0] https://launchpad.net/~sebikul/+archive/gambas-daily
>
> [1] https://launchpad.net/~nemh/+archive/gambas-pre-releases

Damn man, that's awesome. A great way to get more people to use GAMBAS
and make it easier to update. PPA's are much more mainstream now and
it's great that you support different Ubuntu versions. I think GAMBAS is
the best IDE on the market, free or otherwise. The bug fixes and new
features come like machine gun fire; rapid and often. Thanks.

--
Kevin Fishburne
Eight Virtues