[Gambas-user] libraries and gambas3

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Mon Jul 23 21:04:15 CEST 2012

Le 23/07/2012 05:03, Bruce a écrit :
> On Mon, 2012-07-23 at 03:56 +0200, Benoît Minisini wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> In revision #4983, the IDE now automatically manage dependencies between
>> library. I mean:
>>
>> - If you add a library, all other libraries it depends on are added
>> automatically.
>>
>> - You cannot remove a library if another library depends on it.
>>
>> These dependencies are updated when you load a project, and when you
>> modify the libraries in the project property dialog.
>>
>> Do you think that it can fix the problem?
>>

> Hi Benoît,
>
> If there are quick answers to the following, could you clarify what
> happens now.
>
> 1) Currently, if "myProject" needs "myLib" which needs "otherLib" then I
> have to add both libraries to the Project properties in "myProject".
> Does this new rev mean that all I need to add is "myLib"?

Yes. "otherLib" will be added automatically.

> 2) When building the "myLib" executable, does this mean I need to add
> "otherLib" to the Requires tab in the Library properties?

No. And you can't do that. The Requires tab is for -components- only,
not libraries.

> 3) Does specifically adding "otherLib" to the Libraries in "myProject"
> Project properties override the version that was specified to the
> "myLib" build.

A library is referenced through the absolute path of its executable.

If you run the project from the IDE, then the full absolute path is used.

If you run the project from its compiled executable, only the -name- of
the library executable is used. Then the library executable must be
located in the same directory as the project executable.

Is it clearer?

--
Benoît Minisini