[Gambas-user] Issue 289 in gambas: Rev 4977 CComponent changes doesn't work

gambas at ...2524... gambas at ...2524...
Mon Jul 23 14:46:57 CEST 2012

Owner: ----
Labels: Version Type-Bug Priority-Medium OpSys-Any Dist-Any Arch-Any
Desktop-Any GUI-Any

New issue 289 by adamn... at ...626...: Rev 4977 CComponent changes doesn't
work
http://code.google.com/p/gambas/issues/detail?id=289

1) Describe the problem.

If the project is a library and it uses other libraries lines 800-810 of
CComponent.ScanClass doesn't work.  Specifically at line 805 a null object
occurs if the open class has no parent. IOW bCanInherit is true, hModule is
an exported class with no parent (hClassParentComponent ="" and
hClass.Parent="") then line 805 results in hClass=null) thus line 806 fails
with the hClass parameters referencing a null object.

Sorry Benoit, I can't characterize this a bit better.  I've been trying to
find out what's going on for several hours.  I'll try and get a better
handle on it tomorrow.

2) GIVE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATIONS (if they are appropriate):

Version: TRUNK
Revision: todays
Operating system: Linux
Architecture: x86
GUI component: QT4 / GTK+
Desktop used: LXDE

3) Provide a little project that reproduces the bug or the crash.
Will forward tomorrow, needs cleaning up

4) If your project needs a database, try to provide it, or part of it.
N/A

5) Explain clearly how to reproduce the bug or the crash.

again, sorry for the ill-framed issue but I need to sleep and I wanted to
catch you in your timeframe.