[Gambas-user] How to determine if a menu exists?

Bruce bbruen at ...2308...
Tue Jul 10 13:18:34 CEST 2012

I am trying to create a library that adds a set of sub-menus to a
specific menu in a form in the client project.  In order to do this
there is an obvious requirement that the parent menu exists in the form.

The simplest analogy I can come up with here is that it is sort of like
a "Recent Files" manager for a File menu (the real use is so arcane as
to be unintelligible).

So, in the _new() method of the main library class, I need to check that
the client form has actually got a menu called, say, "mnuRecentFiles"
and proceed accordingly.  For the life I me I cannot work out how to do
that.

Any clues?
Bruce