[Gambas-user] Issue 265 in gambas: New connection with password causes Gambas crash.

gambas at ...2524... gambas at ...2524...
Fri Jul 6 20:12:08 CEST 2012

Comment #14 on issue 265 by m... at ...2874...: New connection with
password causes Gambas crash.
http://code.google.com/p/gambas/issues/detail?id=265

Alright, the problem has now been resolved after compiling from the latest
subversion. The saving of passwords seems to function as it should. I am
now able to store and retrieve passwords from the system.

That leads to another problem that is no doubt a subject for a different
thread but I will mention it here. As I explained earlier I was not able to
get the source to compile, getting permission and missing file errors. The
solution did not have to do with running as user instead of root. What I
found was that the 'trunk' directory has to be located directly under
the 'Gambas' directory. Placing the files anywhere else causes
the 'configure -C' to fail.

Unless I missed something, nothing in the directions say that the source
files from subversion need to be placed there.

Thanks for the prompt attention and all the help. Keep up the good work.