[Gambas-user] IDE Form Editor Blinking

Adrien Prokopowicz adrien.prokopowicz at ...626...
Tue Jul 3 00:05:11 CEST 2012

Le lundi 2 juillet 2012 23:09:31 Emil Lenngren a écrit :
> It uses no CPU on my computer...
>
> 2012/7/2 Benoît Minisini <gambas at ...1...>

> > the

> > example is

> > > It is better yes, the CPU on my computer now (only ?) climbs to 20%, and
> >
> > there
> >
> > > isn't any "blinking" anymore.
> >
> > Maybe I should add an option to make that ghost frame optional? :-)
> >
> > --
> > Benoît Minisini

Hi Emil,
I don't think we have exactly the same configuration. :-)
My computer is a 3-years-old Asus eeePC 1005HA, with an single-core Intel Atom
at 1.6Ghz, 1GB of RAM, a 200GB Hard drive at 5400 rpm (but with long response
time), and a lot of scotch tape (and also a few optimisations to the IDE in
order to make it faster to start).

I took a look at the profiling file, and I noticed that most of the drawing
event is the panel moving :

panSelectN.Move(hCtrl.ScreenX - hRoot.ScreenX + 2, hCtrl.ScreenY -
hRoot.ScreenY, hCtrl.W, 2)
    panSelectS.Move(panSelectN.X, panSelectN.Y + hCtrl.H - 2, panSelectN.W, 2)
    panSelectW.Move(panSelectN.X, panSelectN.Y + 2, 2, hCtrl.H - 4)
    panSelectE.Move(panSelectW.X + hCtrl.W - 2, panSelectW.Y, 2, panSelectW.H)

But I still don't understand what these panels are (I don't think that the
frames are drawn with panels).

Making the "ghost frames" optional may be a good idea, but I find them very
useful anyway, on controls that don't have frames, so that you can see where
thay are exactly.