[Gambas-user] Issue 206 in gambas: Can't compile Gambas3

John Rose john.aaron.rose at ...626...
Tue Jan 31 22:05:33 CET 2012

I've solved the problem of installing the needed dev packages for
compiling Gambas3 i.e. missing libvorbis-dev. I did this by 'installing'
the lucid-bleed ppa & upgrading which resulted in libvorbis-dev, ,
libvorbis0a, libvorbisenc2, libvorbisfile3 all being upgraded to version
1.3.1 (as well as as a number of Sound & Video apps such as Audacity &
Avidemux being upgraded to latest versions). I was then able to install
libsdl-mixer1.2-dev & libsdl-sound1.2-dev.

The last messages from 'sudo make install' are:
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `install-data-am'.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/john/Gambas/trunk/examples'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/john/Gambas/trunk/examples'
Making install in .
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/john/Gambas/trunk'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/john/Gambas/trunk'
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `install-data-am'.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/john/Gambas/trunk'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/john/Gambas/trunk'

Does "Nothing to be done for `install-data-am'" matter?

The reason I ask is that /usr/bin/gambas3.gambas is still showing Date
Modified as 31 December: it is the executable linked
from  /usr/bin/gambas3 which is the menu item created for Gambas3. I've
noticed that in /usr/local/bin, there are a number of executables &
links (e.g. for gambas3 linking to gambas3.gambas) with Date modified of
today. Even when I invoke /usr/local/bin/gambas3, it still shows the
same version (i.e. 3.0.90 r172). Would the version be the same between
the stable 3.0 version & trunk's version (VERSION file contains 3.0.90)?

PS I haven't attached the log from the compile of Gambas3 as it's
too large for the mailing list.