[Gambas-user] web cam question

GMail adamnt42 at ...626...
Mon Jan 30 05:49:36 CET 2012

On Mon, 2012-01-30 at 13:57 +1100, richard terry wrote:

> HI List,
>
> I'm using an Ipevo2 web cam in my app.
>
> on the barrel of this webcam is a little button which, in windows, if clicked
> > takes a shot > windows software.
>
> I wondered if anyone would now how to access clicking this button in linux.
>
> Regards
>
> richard

Richard,

I did a bit of a web search on "Ipevo2 web cam" and found the following
in a post to a SUSE forum:

"I thought I'd share that the IPVEO(sic) Point 2 View (aka P2V) works
perfectly in linux using the uvc drivers; the capture and focus buttons
work without fault and I haven't noticed any performance problems. On
Debian/Ubuntu you can install it and a useful webcam controlling program
by doing the following:
Code:
sudo apt-get install guvcview
Cheers."

Short of any other results, I guess you may try looking at the guvcview
source code from somewhere.