[Gambas-user] Issue 206 in gambas: Can't compile Gambas3

gambas at ...2524... gambas at ...2524...
Sun Jan 29 23:58:05 CET 2012

Comment #11 on issue 206 by john.aaron.rose at ...626...: Can't compile Gambas3
http://code.google.com/p/gambas/issues/detail?id=206

Sorry about using the 'bug reporting' to report a compilation problem. I
did say on the original report that I didn't know where to report the
problem. Looking at:
http://gambas.sourceforge.net/en/main.html
it doesn't say where compilation problems should be reported. Also, any
message that I currently send to the mailing list is being ignored without
even an acknowledgement email.

I don't understand either why libxtst-dev was not installed. I copied the
Lucid apt-get command from the Ubuntu webpage. Could it be due to the
apt-get resulting in:
The following packages have unmet dependencies.
   libsdl-mixer1.2-dev: Depends: libvorbis-dev but it is not going to be
installed
   libsdl-sound1.2-dev: Depends: libvorbis-dev but it is not going to be
installed
E: Broken packages

I have a feeling that Gambas3 is not using the newly compiled Gambas3 (i.e.
/usr/bin/gambas3/gambas has a December date). This is why I asked about the
version.