[Gambas-user] Gambas WebPage

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sun Jan 29 12:55:07 CET 2012

Le 28/01/2012 11:06, Benoît Minisini a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> I have started the support of a new kind of "form" in the IDE, the
> "WebPage".

My dear, I see a lot of confusion in these answers!

> Will we have access to the Request and Response just like in asp/jsp?

You already have an entire ASP-like interface in gb.web. See the wiki
documentation for more details.

WebPage is just a way of sending an HTML page from a CGI script easier
than using PRINT directly.

> Will it be possible to display a native HTML/PHP code in it like in
> <iframe>...</iframe> ? Why to depend on ASP?

What are you talking about? On the server side, this is Gambas. On the
client, JavaScript.

> This webpage does it replace the .form and .class files we use?

What are you talking about? (bis) There is no relation at all between
GUI forms and WebPage!

> First, the security implications. Will real webpages be able to use
> that syntax?. A nice feature would be a whitelist of allowed pages
> that can be executed within a form, maybe with the include tag.

I think the EXPORT keyword could be used to mark the WebPage than can
actually be printed from an URL, the other ones begin only printable
through an <%INCLUDE%> or explicitely.

> Second, and most important.  How would you manage to call each event
> of a form input object, like a textbox? How could someone use the
> value of a textbox, for example? What happens if two form objects have
> the same "name" attribute? When an input button is pressed, the user
> is normally redirected to the "action" webpage, will you override this
> to execute an event and let the user choose?

I dunno at the moment. We can imagine that a WebPage can raise an event
when its URL receive a form post. A WebPage could have a property to
register which URL it is associated with.

A next step would be something like "ASP.net", i.e. more conventions on
how the HTML interacts with the server code, HTLM controls... But this
is not a goal at the moment.

Benoît Minisini