[Gambas-user] (no subject)

Andreas Fröhlke afroehlke at ...784...
Fri Jan 27 11:36:11 CET 2012

Hi again,

thanks for the solution for question 1. I think i don't understood how the parameters padding, margin and spacing work in gambas3. Now i understood and it's fine :)

2. I've made a 2 screenshots of the same program in gambas3 and gambas2, so i hope you see what i mean.

Regards

Andreas

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Benoît Minisini [mailto:gambas at ...1...]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 25. Januar 2012 17:21
An: mailing list for gambas users
Betreff: Re: [Gambas-user] (no subject)

Le 25/01/2012 16:08, Andreas Fröhlke a écrit :
> Hi Benoît,
>

> we're using gambas about 6 years. Now we take a look at gambas3 and have two questions:
>

> 1. Why did you make the spacing property of a container to a boolean, instead of leaving it as an integer? It's really frustrating, that we can't set the space between textboxes to 1 pixel automatically (by using arrangement), without changing the whole font-size of the system.
>
> If there's a user who has problems with his eyes and set the system font higher, the space between textboxes (and other controls) will get really big, so some formulars are no longer displayable on his screen. There would a big space loss.
>

> 2. If we set the space between textboxes by code to 1 pixel and set the border property to none, it looks like the space between the textboxes iss et to 7 pixel. This is because the border in gambas3 just turns to transparent. This issue doesn't exist in gambas1 and gambas2. Here the textboxes "resize" to fit to the border, when the border is set to none. Here we have to rewrite each arrangement function to manage this.
>

> Do you see any chance to change these things?
>
> Regards
>
> Andreas

1) Spacing and Margin are Desktop.Scale pixels, unless you specify that
number of pixels in the Padding property. So set Padding to 1.

When you have such problems with the changes in these properties, it
usually means that your forms are too complex.

2) I don't understand what you are talking about at all. Send a
screenshot, give information about your system, and check that it does
not depend on your widget theme.

Benoît Minisini