[Gambas-user] DB.Quote() doesn't quotes apostrophes

M. Cs. mohareve at ...626...
Mon Jan 23 19:07:43 CET 2012

I found a way to do, but I didn't understand what Benoit wanted:
If I have a query, I can always do the following:
Replace
"SELECT * FROM  CATALOGS WHERE VName=....."
with
"SELECT * FROM  CATALOGS WHERE " & DB.Subst("VName=&1",...) & "..."

That can solve the problem.
I'm sorry but something can be very obvious for you, and not so clear
to somebody not involved into Gambas! From the documentation I
couldn't tell what is the difference between the quotation used by
DB.Exec() and what's the gain from a function like  DB.Subst().
This is really a painfull point in the documentations.

Thanks anyway!
Csaba