[Gambas-user] DB.Quote() doesn't quotes apostrophes

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Mon Jan 23 11:45:31 CET 2012

Le 23/01/2012 00:15, M. Cs. a écrit :
> I have a dinamically created query text. I don't know the number of
> parameters passed to the DB.Exec, so I cannot use&1,&2,... form. I
> need to use the DB.Quote()
> My problem is: If I have a string
> mystring="Blackmore's Night",
> the DB.Quote(mystring) won't quote the ', so the query will crash. In
> fact I'm getting query string
> SELECT * FROM CATALOGS WHERE VName='Blackmore's Night'....
> It occurs with sqlite database.
> Is there any solution for that?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Csaba

You must use DB.Subst(), not DB.Quote(). Maybe I said DB.Quote()
somewhere recently, that was a mistake then.

Anyway you are right: DB.Quote(), which is used for quoting fields or
table names, is unable to quote "'" correctly. But you should not use
such character inside table or field names, so...

Benoît Minisini