[Gambas-user] Database question

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Wed Jan 18 19:15:35 CET 2012

Le 18/01/2012 14:17, M. Cs. a écrit :
> Hi!
> Is there any built in function in Gambas3 which can secure the
> database connection from the errors caused by special characters?
>
> I have written functions for replacing the dangerous characters like
> ', +, . and so on, but I'd like to know whether there is a way to make
> queries secure from failures.
>
> Thanks!

SQL quoting is automatically done by the following methods of the
Connection class: Exec(), Find(), Edit(), Delete(), Subst(), provided that:

- You use "&1", "&2"... inside the request string to tell where quoted
arguments must be inserted.

- You actually pass these arguments.

Is it what you need?

--