[Gambas-user] Issue 185 in gambas: Editing a line changes font spacing

gambas at ...2524... gambas at ...2524...
Sun Jan 8 07:39:23 CET 2012

Owner: ----
Labels: Version Type-Bug Priority-Medium OpSys-Any Dist-Any Arch-Any
Desktop-Any GUI-Any

New issue 185 by zachsmit... at ...626...: Editing a line changes font spacing
http://code.google.com/p/gambas/issues/detail?id=185

1) Describe the problem.

When editing any line, the font spacing appears to widen but the cursor
position does not adjust accordingly.

2) GIVE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATIONS (if they are appropriate):

[System]
OperatingSystem=Linux
Kernel=3.1.7-1-ARCH
Architecture=x86_64
Memory=4052020 kB
DistributionVendor=arch
DistributionRelease=n/a
Desktop=Xfce

[Gambas 2]
Version=2.23.1
Path=/usr/bin/gbx2

[Gambas 3]
Version=3.0.0
Path=/usr/bin/gbx3

[Libraries]
Qt4=libQtCore.so.4.8.0
GTK+=libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0.2400.8\

5) Explain clearly how to reproduce the bug or the crash.

The first line in the image shows syntax highlighting. The second line is a
duplicate for comparison.  It shows the line after a single space character
was added to the end of the line.  The cursor should be positioned one
space width after the end of the line.  It makes editing difficult since
the cursor is not in the right position while typing. This happens in r4388
as well as the latest Arch binary package.  I don't see this happening in
x86, only in x86_64.  I'm not sure if there is something configurable in qt
that may be the cause.

Attachments:
	font.png  7.8 KB