[Gambas-user] How to organize dependent lists

nando nando_f at ...951...
Tue Feb 28 18:48:38 CET 2012

I would do it this way

1) I would make a class for data 1.  If contains whatever PRIVATEs you wish
2) I would make an OBJECT[] which hold as many of the above class instances you need
3) I would make an OBJECT[] which hold as many of the above OBJECT[] as you need

item 1: OBJECT[] has two OBJECT[]s in it
    item 1 a        OBJECT[] has the next two items in it
       data 1 aa    <--class instance
       data 1 ab    <--class instance
    item 1 b        OBJECT[] has the next two items in it
       data 1 ba    <--class instance
       data 1 bb    <--class instance

..something like this...in your main startup

PUBLIC first  AS NEW OBJECT[]    'This defines and creates the main OBJECT[]
PUBLIC second AS OBJECT[]        'This only defines the inner OBJECTs[]

DIM myData as Class_with_whatever_data_you_need

DIM second AS NEW OBJECT[]     'Create an instance of OBJECT[] for use as a second
first.add(second)              'This makes first[0].OBJECT[]

DIM second AS NEW OBJECT[]     'Create an another instance of OBJECT[] for use as another
second
first.add(second)              'This makes first[1].OBJECT[]

myData AS NEW Class_with_whatever_data_you_need   'create new instance of data
first[0][0].add(myData)

myData AS NEW Class_with_whatever_data_you_need   'create new instance of data
first[0][1].add(myData)

second = NEW OBJECT[]
first.add(second)              'this makes first[1]   'first.count=2
myData AS NEW Class_with_whatever_data_you_need   'create new instance of data
first[1][0].add(myData)

first[0] has OBJECT[] in it.
  OBJECT[0] has a class instance
  OBJECT[1] has a class instance
first[1] has OBJECT[] in it.
  OBJECT[0] has a class instance

So,
first[1][0].whatever your class vars are.

-Fernando