[Gambas-user] Memory problems with Gambas3

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sun Feb 26 23:07:57 CET 2012

Le 26/02/2012 22:49, Jussi Lahtinen a écrit :
> I reverted week back in revision, but I cannot reproduce the bug anymore.
> Maybe this has something to do with nvidia drivers, they don't seem to be
> very stable.
>
> Jussi

If you see the gbx3 process memory becoming huge (in the KDE task
manager for example), then the problem is in Gambas.

If the problem is in the nvidia driver, you should see the xorg process
becoming huge.

Note that there is a memory fragmentation problem in Gambas. It does not
leak memory, but glibc cannot give it back to the system. There is the
same problem in python. See:
http://pushingtheweb.com/2010/06/python-and-tcmalloc/

Benoît Minisini