[Gambas-user] Memory

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sun Feb 26 21:14:09 CET 2012

Le 26/02/2012 15:24, Fabien Bodard a écrit :
> Why in these example the memory seem to be not freed ?

I have looked that for two hours, and my conclusion is that Gambas frees
the memory by telling the glibc to do so, but the glibc actually does
not free it!

So the leak does not come from Gambas. It comes from the glibc that does
not give the memory back to the system even if Gambas has explicitely
freed it!

For example, with this project, when the message "Can you see?" appears,
Gambas has freed everything except 1Mb of memory (I have counted). The
KDE task manager says that the program takes 131Mb of memory!

Could it be a fragmentation problem? I don't know how the glibc malloc()
works behind the scene. I will "google the program", but if anybody has
any clue...

--
Benoît Minisini