[Gambas-user] How to make Class file to Library for use in other Gambas applications

Willy Raets willy at ...2734...
Fri Feb 24 23:33:58 CET 2012

> I installed the component and use it in one of my Gambas 2 projects now.
> When testing in IDE all works great.
> Next I make an installation package of the application.
>
> When installing it on my system it complains that a dependency is
> missing (my own component which is installed on my system!!!).
> "Dependency is not satisfiable: gambas2-SysInfo (>= -1.90.1)"
>
> But how can the dependency be missing when I installed the component
> prior to the application?
>
> What I noticed with the name of the component during packaging is this
> Name: gambas2-esb-SysInfo-0.0.1
> In Project/Properties - Tab components is shows as SysInfo
> In dependencies it asks for gambas2-SysInfo
>
> Where did the esb go too? Might that be causing the problem?
> And where does this strange version dependency come from (>= -1.90.1)???
>
> Both component and application are an Ubuntu package made with Gambas
> 2.22 on Ubuntu 10.10.
>
> Any ideas?

And I just noticed that in the Ubuntu software center the component is amongst the gambas2 components but named esb-sysinfo while dependency asks for gambas2-SysInfo (two quite different names!!)

Really hope someone can help on this one..

Thanks,

Willy