[Gambas-user] angle interpolation algorithm troubles

Fri Feb 17 08:45:01 CET 2012

On 02/17/2012 02:23 AM, Randall Morgan wrote:
> My Game programming days go back to DOS and WinG and the last thing I
> worked on was using DirectX 6 and it was brand new then. Much has changed
> since then. Even C and C++ and the coding styles used now are completely
> different. So I am glad this old man could help!

I place more faith in the experienced than college-trained greenhorns
any day. Libraries and such may change with the ages, but math remains a
constant and by extension useful algorithms. I don't care if you're
programming Call of Duty 28 or Pong, some things never change.

I got my start in a BASIC dialect for GEM on an Amstrad PC-1512 when I
was 13 around 1988. I moved on to GW-BASIC, QBasic, QuickBASIC 4.5 (with
Fastgraph Light), Visual Basic 6, and finally GAMBAS 2 and 3. What's
really exciting to me is having that long perspective alongside more
modern tools such as GAMBAS, as that is a huge advantage over the newly
initiated. What I lack in mathematical prowess I make up for in
creativity and drive (and helpful GAMBAS users!).

--
Kevin Fishburne
Eight Virtues