[Gambas-user] TAB on keyboard

Willy Raets willy at ...2734...
Sat Feb 11 15:07:45 CET 2012

Hi Charles,

On za, 2012-02-11 at 05:10 -0800, charlesg wrote:

> Willy Raets wrote:
> >
> > Is there a way in Gambas2 (or Gambas3), when using TAB-key on keyboard
> > to have it skip (in my case all read only) controls and just go to those
> > that matter for input?
> >

> 2 workarounds:
>
> firstly:
>

> > Public Sub TextBox3_GotFocus()
> >   TextBox1.SetFocus
> > End

Thanks for the workarrounds.
The first one I came up with myself meanwhile, quite stupid of me not to
think about that before (bit to focussed on how things work in VB, need
to detox there :-)

> secondly:
> fake a textbox using a label by putting a plain border and changing
> background colour. You can set the label value but it won't accept focus.

This could work in some cases, but I have read only fields that under
certain conditions are no longer read only but input.

But for the forms where this is not the case this might even work
better.

Anyway, problem solved :-)

Thanks,

Willy